Is this program a certification?
- No, PTEC is a training program that provides in depth, hands on training in science, service and sales. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Is there an attendance policy?
- We encourage participants to attend every class as a large amount of material is covered daily. Although there is not an official attendance policy if the participant’s tardiness or absence starts to be disruptive to the rest of the class the instructors are advised to discuss other class options for the participant.
Will this course provide the participant the tools and knowledge to pass a national certification exam?
- This program provides the fundamental knowledge that is needed to pass most national certification exams. This includes anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, assessments, program design and more. Each national certification varies in content however this program will provide you with the basic foundations. Dependent upon which certification you choose additional material may need to be covered.
Does this program guarantee me a job opportunity with Crunch?
- Though we cannot guarantee a definite job at Crunch we do guarantee an opportunity to interview for a personal trainer position at Crunch. About 70% of our participants go on to work at Crunch upon completion of the course and passing of a national exam.
If seeking employment at Crunch as a personal trainer what are the benefits of completing the PTEC program?
- After receiving their certificate of completion and national certification PTEC participants are brought onboard as a higher level trainer resulting in higher compensation than most beginner trainers. PTEC participants also receive service, sales and hands on training which supports them in building their business and retaining clientele.
Are there any prerequisites required to participate in the PTEC program.
- Must be 18 years old of age as well as a high school diploma.